5 things to do after a massage
1. Listen to relaxing music, either in the car on the way home or when you reach home. Skip the news, too. Stories about the economy can raise your blood pressure – which you just spent an hour bringing down.
2. When you’ve just had a massage, don’t go and eat a heavy meal,Heavy meals can make you feel bloated and sluggish, rather than reenergized.
3. Stay hydrated and at least for those first few hours after a massage, avoid caffeine and alcohol, which are dehydrating.
4. Relax at home or take some gentle exercise to keep your blood pressure stable and your circulation flowing, if watching TV you can keep your feet elevated on a footstool.
5. Avoid stress s much as possible, before and after your massage as the muscle manipulation helps to release toxins in the body and stress can reduce the effectiveness.